Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 28,2008

Dear Friend,



Have i ever told you how beautiful He is? It would be impossible to describe, but I'll try. I'm not sure if this will make sense...It's almost like that feeling that you get on one of those days when everything is going wrong, and then one good thing happens that makes up for all the bad. Well, He's that good thing. His voice lights up a room, and he really knows how to make people smile. Just knowing that He is in your presence puts you at ease. His compassion for his family is so deep and way that he plays with His nephews is so genuine. Just seeing him smile fills me with butterflies, and even if your mad you can't help but smile back. When you look into his eyes you can see the truth. He's not a liar or insincere. He is a well-rounded man that leaves an impression everywhere he goes.



Sincerely,

Rain





Dear Friend,

Have you already lived your "glory days"? I have. You see, I have played soccer all my life. I would practice everyday, run a couple miles at every workout, i was incredibly fit. My entire life I was captain of every team that I had ever played on. It felt good, like people looked up to me. The postion that I played was goal keeper. I would never trade that position for the world. You'll never understand the rush that i would get when i would make an incredible save. I was number one in our club for the keepers. We traveled all around the U.S. to be scouted and wow was it exciting. It was so nerve racking everytime a scout would call me and tell me that they were coming to watch me play. And it was even more nerve racking when they would fly into Denver just to watch a game. I recieved three differnt full ride scholarships and four partial scholarships from universities and private colleges. My dream of playing through college ended after i tore my rotator cuff the summer before freshman year of college started. it was very depressing, especially since i didn't have any schools in mind that were not for soccer. And that's how I ended up staying in state at CU Denver. Well, i guess that those were my "glory days".



Sincerely.

Rain


Dear Friend,

How do you celebrate your holidays? Christmas with my famil is really fun, until everyone gets to eating and talking. Every year me, my sister, my mom, all of my cousins, all of my aunts and uncles, and all of my great aunts and uncles come together at my grandpa's house. After everyone has gotten there the entire living room if full of presents. We all have a big homemade breakfast and then start tearing away at the presents. Then we all hangout and watch christmas movies in different rooms. Christmas with my family is an all day event. After a while we start eating dinner that my grandpa and his sisters cook. A bunch of italian food! and again after that everybody lays around, and then something always goes wrong. I swear, along with a couple other family members that my uncle starts all of the fights taht take place in that house, no matter when they are. he is such an opinionated person, and boy does he love love to speak his mind. I disagrees with everything just to create conflict it seems. My uncle is definately the grinch towards the end of the day, but he always comes around and apologizes.

Sincerely,

Rain

No comments: